quarta-feira, 17 de abril de 2013

I don't know how she does it - Eu não sei como ela consegue


A recent study show that women with young children don't sleep through the night, 1.__________________ were at a loss to explain why. They could have asked me.

Hey, taxi.

2.__________________ of sleeping I do the list. 

#Number1: Take Emily to school

I'm just so jealous you get to look nice all day. We're just frump around at the park.

Number 2: Keep my head above water at work.

Say, you are running a little late this morning.

I have two choices here: the men's 3.__________________ by traffic, downed power lines, faulty carburater or... mammogram.
Oh.

Number 3: Spend more time with Richard.

You must be completely exhausted.

Not completely.

Number 4: The kids, kindgarten bake seller, Christmas lights, birthday party

I don't know how you do it

I don't know how you do it

I don't know how she does it

All those children.

I've two.

So 4.__________________.

You have four.

Yeah, but two of mine are twins.

Jack Abelhammer of our New York office has sparked to a 5.__________________ and he'd like to meet the author.

Oh, god, sorry, how long have you been there?

Er, long 6.__________________, but er...go ahead, if there is anything else you need to adjust?

This could be a big step up, gives your kids a chance to spend all that extra quality time they have been hoping for...with their nanny.

Did you take Ben to get his hair cut?

Yeah.

Oh, that was his first hair cut.

It's his first hair cut, I 7.__________________ everything.

Sorry.

Is everything ok?

Yep.

I just kept picturing little tiny bugs propelling out my hair into his inbox.

I love my work, 8.__________________ sometimes I wish I didn't love it so much.

You're allowed to miss your children.

I need somebody down there tonight.

You can't go on like this.

You can't quit, Kate.

Don't I think about not having to worry about 9.__________________ all the time?

Me without that job isn't me, but also me without you and Ben and Emily is...nothing!

I'm just meant to make the biggest mess-up of our entire lives and you are gonna use sex to 10.__________________ everything is ok, is that a plan?

Yes

I like it.


VOCABULARY
Be at a loss - Não conseguir / Ter dúvidas
Frump - Desmazelada
Keep head above water - Sobreviver / Aguentar firme
Downed power lines - Cabos elétricos derrubados
Picture - Imaginar
Propelling out - Saltando da
You're allowed to - Você tem permissão para
Spark - Demonstrar interesse / incitar 
Quit - Desistir
I'm just meant to make - Estou prestes a / Pretendo

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário