sábado, 25 de outubro de 2014

Buying a gift - The Big Bang Theory



- Did you forget your key?
- I don't see anything in here a woman would want.
- You're kiddingYou've got 1._______________ and bath oils and soaps that's the estrogen hat trick.
- What it is is a cacophonous assault of eucalyptus, bayberry, cinnamon and vanilla. It's as if my head were trapped in the pyjamas of a sultan.
- Sheldon, if you don't like this 2._______________, let's just go next door and build her a bear.
- I told you before, beans are terrifying.
- Come on, bath stuff. It's perfect! You got a scented candle, a cleansing buff, spearmint and green tea scented bath oil, promotes relaxation.
- That presupposes Penny is tense.
- She knows you. She's tense. We all are. Buy a basket!
- Excuse me, we're ready.
- No, we're not.
- Let's say for a moment that I 3._______________ the bath item gift hypothesis, I now lay the following conundrum at your feet: Which size?
- This one. Let's go.
- You put no thought into that.
- I'm sorry. Uh... this one. Let's go!
- I have insufficient data to proceed.
- Excuse me, miss?
- Yes?
- If I were to give you this gift 4._______________, based on that action alone and no other data, infer and describe the hypothetical relationship that exists between us.
- Excuse me?
- Here. Now, are we friends? Colleagues? Lovers? Are you my grandmother?
- I don't understand what you're talking about and you're making me a little 5._______________.
- See? Sounds just like you and Penny. We'll take it.

Vocabulary
You're kidding = Você está brincando
Scented candle = vela perfumada
Bath oil = óleo de banho
Basket = cesta

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário