terça-feira, 26 de maio de 2015

SkyFall


Chairman, Ministers. Today I repeatedly heard how irrelevant my department has become. Why you we need 1._____________ for 00 section… is no rather acquainted. Well, I suppose I see a different world than you do. And the truth is that what I see frightens me. I'm frightened because our 2._____________ are not longer known to us. They do not exist on the map. They're no nations. They're 3._____________. But look around you, who do you fear? When you see a face, a uniform, a flag? No. Our world is not more transparent now. It's more opaque. It's in the shadows. That's where we must do back. So, before you declare this irrelevant, ask yourselves… how safe do you feel?

Just one more thing to say, my late husband was a great lover of poetry, and... I suppose some of it sunk in, despite my best 3._____________. And here today, I remember this, I believe, from Tennyson: "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are. One 4._____________ temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."


VOCABULARY:
acquainted - familiar
frightens - assusta
shadows - sombra
poetry - poesia
sunk in - interiorizou
temper - temperamento
fate - destino
will - vontade
strive - lutar 
yield - ceder

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário