terça-feira, 26 de maio de 2015

The Proposal - Best Scene


MARGARET: Can you do that?
CO-WORKER: Yes
MARGARET: Good
CO-WORKER: Sure
MARGARET: All right. Thank you.
CO-WORKER: Miss. Tate.
MARGARET: Yes. What? What?
ANDREW: Hey.
MARGARET: Andrew. Why… why are you panting?
ANDREW: Because I’ve been running.
MARGARET: Really? From Alaska?
ANDREW: I need to talk to you.
MARGARET: Yeah, well, I don’t have time to talk. I need to catch a 5:45 to Toronto.
ANDREW: Margaret
MARGARET: I need the boxes to go out today, I want to make sure everything…
ANDREW: Margaret, stop talking! Can I say something?
MARGARET: Okay.
ANDREW: This’ll just take a sec.
MARGARET: Fine, what?
ANDREW: Three days ago, I loathed you. I used to dream about you getting hit by a cab, or poisoned.
MARGARET: Oh, that’s – that’s nice.
ANDREW: Yeah, I told you to stop talking. Then we had our little adventure up in Alaska, and things started to change. Things changed when we kissed, and when you told me about your tattoo… even when you checked me out when we were naked.
MARGARET: Well, I didn’t see anything…
ANDREW: Yeah, you did. But I didn’t realize any of this, until I was standing alone, in a barn, wifeless. Now, you can imagine my disappointment when it suddenly dawned on me that the woman I love is about to be kicked out of the country. So Margaret… marry me… because I’d like to date you.
MARGARET: Trust me, you don’t really want to be with me.
ANDREW: Yes, I do.
MARGARET: See, the thing is, there’s a reason why I’ve been alone all this time. I’m comfortable that way. And I think it would just be a lot easier if we forgot everything that happened and I just left.
ANDREW: You’re right, that would be easier…
MARGARET: I’m scared.
ANDREW: Me too.
MARGARET: Aren’t you supposed to get down on your knee or something?
ANDREW: I’m gonna take that as a yes.

VOCABULARY:
loathed - detestei
dawned on me that - ocorreu-me que
get down on your knee - ficar de joelhos

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário