terça-feira, 30 de junho de 2015

The Aviator - Dinner


- What was that? 
- Oh, he's a little deaf. 
- Pass the goddamn butter, I beg you. 
- You read flying magazines? 
- Trade journals. On engineering. 1.____________. 
- We read books. 
- Howard has to read the trade pieces, Mom, because he's designing a new aeroplane. 
- Oh, really? Do tell. 
- Well... ...it's quite exciting, actually. It's a spy plane for the Air Corps. A twin-engine plane with some... ...I must admit, some rather unique design 2.____________. You see, it has these two booms at the back... 
- Luddie built a birdhouse once. You remember that, dear? 
- Yes, well, a mere trifle, darling. 
- I remember the painting! The painting, it's called May - 
- Something. Anyway, Goya's vastly overrated. All the Spaniards are. 
- Nonsense! Picasso is sacred. 
- I'm a 3.____________
- It was quite aesthetic, really. A sacred monster. The birds don't care for it much, 
- But the bats do.
- I'll bet. 
- That's such bunk! 
- Do speak up, dear. 
- Nothing, nothing, Mrs. Hepburn. Nothing. 
- Why did you speak? I can't abide people who speak but have nothing to say.
- Did you go to mechanic school to learn all this airplane guff? 
- No, no, I didn't, Luddie. No. 
- Well, Howard just flew round the world in three days.
- I think we've had enough about 4.____________.
- And dogs.
- Then how did you make all that money? 
- We don't care about money here. Well, that's because you have it. 
- Would you repeat that? 
- You don't care about 5.____________  because you've always had it. 
- How did you make all that...? 
- Excuse me, I'm speaking. 
- Okay. 
- Thank you.
- All right. 
- Some of us choose to work for a living. Speaking of which, I have more of that airplane guff to attend to. Excuse me. 
- Well, seems a rather high-strung chap. 
- You're a fine bunch of bullies, aren't you?

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário