segunda-feira, 25 de janeiro de 2016

Click


Mr. Ammer - 1._______________. Sit down, big guy.

Michael - All right. I am a little tired. The family was up late last night celebrating.

Mr. Ammer - You really knocked one out of the park last night, didn't you?

Michael - Hey, you were great too.

Mr. Ammer - All you gotta do is draw up the construction plans. If Watsuhita commits to the bulk of the funds... I'm looking at my new partner.

Michael - I thought I was already your 2._______________.

Mr. Ammer - Whoa, cowboy. I said, "Land the Watsuhita account, you'll get promoted." I didn't mean right this second.

Michael - But I already told my wife, sir. I spent money 3
._______________ I don't have. To do these documents is gonna take me months.

Mr. Ammer - Then you better get started. Wow, I just got a big headache
! Was I hit by a train or something?

Michael - I didn't see anything.

Mr. Ammer - I forgot to tell you. I hung out with your friend Janine this 4._______________.

Michael - I hope she's doing your brother right now, you big-headed buffoon. No, no, no. You got more. Yeah.

Mr. Ammer - Anyway, the sooner you get back to work... the sooner you'll be partnerized. I taste shit.

Michael - You do?

Mr. Ammer - Stacy! Did you put shit in my 5._______________?

Michael - I'm gonna get going now, sir.

Mr. Ammer - Stacy!

________________________________________________


"TOP 10 SENTENCES"

1 - The family was up late = A família ficou acordada até tarde.
Também poderíamos usar "stay up" em vez de "be up":
The family stayed up late

2 - ...is draw up the construction plans = ...é elaborar o projeto da construção.
"Draw up" é um "phrasal verb" que significa = preparar, elaborar, redigir... e é usado para falar de documentos.

3 - I'm looking at my new partner = Estou olhando para o meu novo sócio.
"Look at" = olhar para. Diferente de "look for" = procurar.

4 - Land the Watsuhita account = Garanta a conta Watsuhita
"To land an account" is to convince a store owner or manager to become your regular customer. Usually it involves processing the paperwork for the new customer to have a credit account with your company.

5 - ...is gonna take me months = ...vai me tomar meses
Não se esqueca de que "gonna" é um contração de "going to" e é usado mais informalmente.

6 - Then you better get started = Então, é melhor você começar
A expressão "subject + better..." = é melhor + sujeito...
Get Started = Start

7 - I just got a big headache = Eu acabei de ficar com uma grande dor de cabeça
Para falar que está com dor de cabeça, basta dizer: I have a headache. Assim como para outras dores como:
Estou com dor de barriga = I have a stomachache
Estou com dor de dente = I have a toothache
Estou com febre = I have a fever
Estou resfriado = I have a cold
Estou gripado = I have the flu

8 - I hung out with your friend = Eu saí com a sua amiga
Hung out with = sair com

9 - 10 - ...the sooner you get back to work... the sooner you'll be partnerized = ...quanto mais cedo você voltar ao trabalho ... mais cedo você se tornará sócio
Aqui temos o uso de um dos comparativos de superioridade que é usado para dizer:

Quanto mais...mais...
Outros exemplos:

The more educated, the more intelligent.
Quanto mais instruído, mais inteligente.

The sooner, the better.
Quanto mais cedo, melhor.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário