segunda-feira, 25 de janeiro de 2016

Scent of a Woman


Mr. Trask - Mr. Simms, you are a cover-up artist... and you are a 1.____________.

Mr. Slade - But not a snitch!

Mr. Trask - Excuse me?

Mr. Slade - No, I don't think I will.

Mr. Trask - Mr. Slade.

Mr. Slade - This is such a crock of shit!

Mr. Trask - Please watch your language, Mr. Slade. You are in the Baird school, not a barracks. Mr. Simms, I will give you one final opportunity to speak up.

Mr. Slade - Mr. Simms doesn't want it. He doesn't need to be 2.____________... "still worthy of being a Baird man."

Mr. Trask - What the hell is that?

Mr. Slade - What is your motto here? "Boys, inform on your 3.____________, save your hide; anything short of that, we're gonna burn you at the stake"? Well, gentlemen, when the shit hits the fan, some guys run... and some guys stay. Here's Charlie facing the fire, and there's George... hiding in big daddy's pocket. And what are you doing? You're gonna reward George... and destroy Charlie.

Mr. Trask - Are you finished, Mr. Slade?

Mr. Slade - No, I'm just getting warmed up. I don't know who went to this place. William Howard Taft, William Jennings Bryant, William Tell, whoever. Their spirit is dead, if they ever had one. It's gone. You're building a rat ship here, a vessel for seagoing snitches. And if you think you are repreparing these minnows for manhood, you better think again, because I say you are killing the very spirit... this 4.____________ proclaims it instillsWhat a shame. What kind of a show are you guys putting on here today? I mean, the only class in this act is sitting next to me. I'm here to tell you this boy's soul is intact. It's non-negotiable. You know how I know? Someone here, and I'm not gonna say who, offered to buy it. Only Charlie here wasn't selling.

Mr. Trask - Sir, you're out of order.

Mr. Slade - I show you out of order. You don't know what out of order is, Mr. Trask. I'd show you, but I'm too old, I'm too tired, too fucking blind. If I were the man I was five years ago, I'd take... a flamethrower to this 5.____________! Out of order? Who the hell you think you're talking to? I've been around, you know? There was a time I could see. And I have seen. Boys like these, younger than these, their arms torn out, their legs ripped off. But there is nothing like the sight... of an amputated spirit. There is no prosthetic for that. 
______________________________

VOCABULARY

Cover-up = encoberto / oculto
Inform = dedurar / caguetar
Motto = lema
Snitch = delatar
Stake = fogueira / estaca

Flamethrower = lança-chamas
Instills = insinuar
______________________________

TOP 7 SENTENCES

1 - What is your motto here? = Qual é o seu lema aqui?

2 - I am just getting warmed up = Eu só estou me aquecendo
3 - You better think again = É melhor você pensar de novo
4 - What a shame = Que vergonha / Que fraude
5 - It's non-negotiable = Ela não é negociável
6 - It's gone = Se foi / Acabou
7 - You are out of order = Você está fora de controle

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário